Embutidos Ortiz adds a new award to its track record since it began its firm commitment to innovation by adding to its catalogue meat products with new ingredients aimed at reducing fat (Chorizo with Quinoa) or salt content (Chorizo with Kombu seaweed). On this occasion, the company from La Rioja received the ‘José Flores Innovation Award’ at the 5th edition of the Anice Awards.
The award actually refers to the 2020 exercise, but its presentation and dissemination was postponed until 17 June 2021 due to the global pandemic caused by COVID 19.
La Asociación Nacional de Industrias de la Carne de España (ANICE) ha hecho entrega de este nuevo reconocimiento a Embutidos Ortiz en el marco de su asamblea anual que ha tenido una doble convocatoria presencial y online. For Anice, Embutidos Ortiz is worthy of this award for “having been able to bring together tradition and innovation in a real way. It maintains the meat matrix and tradition and at the same time has developed innovative products such as the Quinoa Chorizo and the Chorizo with Kombu Algae, with which it meets current market demand”.
Embutidos Ortiz began marketing Chorizo with Quinoa in 2018, following the family’s traditional recipe, which dates back to 1915. A year later, the low-salt Chorizo with Kombu seaweed was launched on the market. Since then, Embutidos Ortiz has maintained a path of innovation parallel to its traditional line, with which it has won numerous awards.
- The project in which the Chorizo with Quinoa and the Chorizo with Kombu Algae are framed has been CERTIFIED evaluated and qualified as TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATION.
- Both products have been AWARDED as PRODUCT OF THE YEAR in the meat category. Chorizo with Quinoa (2019) and Chorizo with Seaweed (2020).
- Embutidos Ortiz is registered as an INNOVATIVE SME with the corresponding seal awarded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation and Universities.
- In 2019, Embutidos Ortiz was awarded the Prize for Agricultural Innovation and Research by the Government of La Rioja.
- In the same year, the magazine Actualidad Económica awarded the Innovation Prize as part of its Business Success awards.